WomenHeart Science & Leadership Symposium at Mayo Clinic
October 6-9, 2017, Rochester, MN
Make a Difference for Women Living With Heart Disease
Are you a woman living with heart disease? Would you like to help other women with heart disease find the support they need to take charge of their heart health? If so, please apply for the WomenHeart Science & Leadership Symposium!
WomenHeart is now accepting applications for the 2017 Science & Leadership Symposium at Mayo Clinic. The Symposium is the only national training program for women with heart disease who want to lead a patient support group in their community.
About the WomenHeart Science & Leadership Symposium
The four-day WomenHeart Science & Leadership Symposium brings together dedicated women heart patients to train them to be WomenHeart Community Educators or WomenHeart Support Network Coordinators -- patient volunteers who provide support and education to other women living with heart disease. After training, participants will lead 8 - 10 Support Network meetings annually in their communities and/or participate in other WomenHeart education and advocacy activities.
Note: training, meals, and hotel accommodations are provided at no cost to attendees. Attendees are responsible for their transportation costs to and from the conference at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.
You Can Make a Difference for a Woman Living with Heart Disease
A recent survey of patients who attend WomenHeart Support Network meetings found that:
- 93% of women support network participants believed they understood their heart disease better as a result of attending Support Network meetings.
- 93% of respondents also said their their quality of life had improved.
- 87% stated Support Network meetings helped them keep on track with medication and treatment.
- 86% said they were better able to explain their heart disease to family members and friends.
- 85% felt better able to communicate with their doctors about their heart disease.
These are just some of the positive changes you can bring to women living with heart disease--to improve their lives and the lives of those in their community.
Download the 2017 Symposium Fact Sheet.
- You must be a woman who is living with heart disease.
- You must be sponsored by a WomenHeart National Hospital Alliance member. If you are not certain if your hospital is a member, click here.
If you are already affiliated with a National Hospital Alliance member hospital, please review the two training tracks below and email firstname.lastname@example.org for the application link.
Please read this for the Support Network Coordinator track
Please read this for the Community Educator track
Application Deadline is July 31, 2017
We encourage you to apply and share this information with a friend.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or call (202) 728-7199.