2019 WomenHeart Science & Leadership Symposium
October 11-13, 2019
The WomenHeart Science & Leadership Symposium is the nation’s only volunteer program that trains women with heart disease to be Community Educators and Support Network Coordinators for women heart patients. WomenHeart Champions are the “boots on the ground” in the fight against heart disease, the leading cause of death in women. They are real women living with heart disease, who share their stories and important messages about heart health – all in the mission to save lives.
Applications for this year are now closed.
To apply, you must:
- Be a woman with diagnosed heart disease.
- Be six months out from your most recent, significant heart event.
- Be mentally, emotionally and physically ready to serve as a women’s heart health advocate.
- Complete the application process (online application, Recommendation form, interview).
- Be available to attend the 2019 Science & Leadership Symposium in its entirety.
Participants will learn critical heart disease information from the nation’s leading cardiology experts and will be trained to tell their personal heart stories, in order to educate and empower women to take charge of their heart health. Attendees choose between two volunteer tracks or a combination of both:
- Support Network Coordinators: Lead monthly peer-to-peer support groups, providing critical psycho-social and emotional support for women heart disease patients.
- Community Educators: Educate women in the community on heart disease prevention and support through participation in health fairs, speaking engagements, media opportunities, and advocacy initiatives.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.