WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease is always looking for dynamic, driven women living with heart disease to become WomenHeart Champions, the nation’s only volunteer program that trains women with heart disease to be Community Educators and Support Network Coordinators for women heart patients.
The application period for the 2020 WomenHeart Science & Leadership Symposium, which will run on a virtual platform from mid-September through mid-October, is now closed. Those who are interested in applying next year should contact email@example.com to be added to the 2021 interest list.
Symposium attendees learn critical heart disease information from the nation’s leading cardiology experts and are trained to tell their personal heart stories, in order to educate and empower women to take charge of their heart health. All attendees are trained on both volunteer tracks:
- Support Network Coordinators: Lead monthly peer-to-peer support groups virtually/ in-person, providing critical psycho-social and emotional support for women heart disease patients.
- Community Educators: Educate women in the community on heart disease prevention and support through participation in virtual/ in-person health fairs, speaking engagements, media opportunities, and advocacy initiatives.
- Application Deadline: CLOSED for 2020
- Recommendation Form: Recommendation forms should be submitted directly from the recommender to firstname.lastname@example.org within two weeks of application submission. This ensures that your application can be processed and an interview can be scheduled in a timely fashion.
- Copy of Application Agreement: Please save this for your personal records. By completing and submitting the application, you understand and agree to the responsibilities outlined in this agreement upon acceptance as a WomenHeart Champion.
- Please read the WomenHeart Champion Agreement for both the Support Network Coordinator and Community Educator tracks.
- Click here to complete the anonymous Mental Health Screening Tools (optional). Although your results are anonymous, we recommend you consider the following prior to submitting your application.
- If either your Depression or Anxiety Test score is 10 or higher we recommend having a discussion with a member of your health care team as to their recommendations for managing your symptoms and advice regarding whether you should defer participation until your symptoms are improved.
- If on the Depression Test you indicated any response other than “Not at all” on Questions #9 or responded “Very” or “Extremely” difficult on Question #10, we recommend you discuss these results with your health care team and defer your participation until your symptoms are improved.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.