There are decisions you might want to write down and make known to your family members concerning your passing. The following questions can help you through this process:
• Do you want to die at home, in a hospice, or in a hospital?
• Do you want to be an organ donor? If so, have you signed an organ donor card? Do you carry it in your wallet?
• Do you want to donate your body to a medical school for research? If so, do you have a particular medical school in mind?
• Do you want a public wake? If so, at which funeral home?
• Do you want to be cremated? If so, do you want your ashes stored, buried, or scattered? Where?
• Do you want to be buried in a cemetery? If so, where? Have you already purchased a burial plot? Do you have burial insurance?
• Do you prefer that friends send flowers or make a financial contribution to a charity in your name? If a charity, which one?
• Do you want a memorial service? If so, where and what kind? Do you want a particular clergy member to lead the service? Who do you want to speak about you during the service? What music and readings do you want during the service?