This recipe is a great one for eating
veggies at breakfast!
- 2-3 brown mushrooms sliced (i.e., portobello, shiitake, oyster,
- handful of fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- hot sauce if desired
- Preheat the oven or toaster
oven to broil.
- Spray a 7-inch non-stick fry pan with cooking spray and heat on medium
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning once or
- Add the fresh spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach has
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until light and frothy and pour into the
mushroom and spinach mixture. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the
- Let the eggs cook undisturbed until the edges of the egg whites start
to cook through and turn a more solid white.
- Gently lift the edges of the egg whites and tilt the pan so the
uncooked egg runs under the cooked part and cook for another minute.
- Transfer the fry pan to the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes or until the
eggs have puffed and have cooked through.
- Remove from the oven.
- Cut into wedges and serve with hot sauce if desired.
Calories: 125, Fat: 2g, Sat Fat: <1g, Carbohydrates: 3g, Fiber: <1g,
Protein: 23g, Sodium 390 mg
Recipe Source: FoodieCrush