This is a great recipe for boosting protein intake in the
morning and eating whole grains.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large egg whites (or 1 egg)
- 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk or skim milk
- Optional add-ins:
Fresh berries, nuts, peanut butter
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth,
about 30 seconds.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and
heat over medium low heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cup onto skillet.
- Add desired toppings such as nuts or blueberries.
- Cook until bubbles appear on top.
- Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside.
- Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more cooking spray and remaining
batter. Makes 3-4 pancakes.
- Notes: If the pancakes are too thin, add in a tablespoon of more oats,
if they are too thick, add in a teaspoon or two of milk.
- Feel free to double the recipe if making it for more than one person.
Calories: 290, Fat: 3.2g, Sat Fat: <1g, Carbohydrates: 46.8g, Sugar:
10.4g, Fiber: 6.2g, Protein: 20.2g
Image & Recipe Source: Ambitious