You Can Help Women with Heart Disease Live Well and Thrive!
Join WomenHeart Society and help women live heart healthy lives
“My doctor saved my heart; but my WomenHeart Support Network saved my life.”
- WomenHeart patient support group participant
Eight million American women live with heart disease, and many, many millions more are at risk. Yet the education and patient support services available to these women remain negligible; and, women with heart disease have only one resource, one lifeline – WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease.
WomenHeart provides the only national network of free community-based, online, and telephone patient support services for women living with heart disease.
We are proud to be that resource, but we must and can do more -- and we can—but we need your help to meet this increasing need.
Become a WomenHeart Society member and be part of a movement that empowers patients, and supports and promotes women’s health.
WomenHeart is only reaching a fraction of the 8 million women living with heart disease.
“I can provide medicine and therapy, but I can’t match the sisterhood
WomenHeart provides that is critical to healing.”
- Susan Bennett, MD
Your WomenHeart Society membership will make a difference for thousands of women living with or at risk of heart disease.
Your membership in WomenHeart Society will give women a safe place to not only educate themselves about heart disease but also voice their fears and hear, in return, the voices of hope and help from other women living with heart disease. All of our services are delivered free of charge through a unique peer-to-peer model where women patients, trained through our comprehensive programs, provide heart health education and psychosocial and emotional support.
Your membership will help provide a full array of patient support programs for women including:
- WomenHeart Support Networks: support groups led by trained volunteer women heart patients. Each WomenHeart Support Network meets monthly and provides in-person peer support and education to women living with heart disease.
- Sister Match: A program that connects newly diagnosed patients with trained volunteers who provide peer support via telephone, email, and occasionally, in person visits.
- Online Support Community: An Internet-based alternative to our popular in-person meetings, WomenHeart’s online support community provides a vibrant forum of conversation and sharing of experiences that are unique to women heart patients. Members easily connect to share information, experience, and support; more than 18,000 women are currently registered.
- HeartScarves: A popular initiative in which women who have recently suffered a heart event or are newly diagnosed with heart disease are given hand knitted or crocheted red scarves and educational materials during their hospital stays; these scarves serve as a token of comfort and ensure that women know to turn to WomenHeart for our other patient support services
- Online Support Groups: Our newest program of virtual support can reach an unlimited number of women at a time with education and support for themselves and caregivers.
Your WomenHeart Society membership will support, educate, and advocate on behalf of the many women living with heart disease – the leading cause of death in women. As reflected on Charity Navigator, our accountability and transparency rating is 92 out of 100 and we received an overall 3 out of 4 star rating compared to other non-profits.
Your WomenHeart Society Membership provides you benefits and insider access to WomenHeart.
Your WomenHeart Society membership provides benefits annually based on your level of membership.
Please join at the highest level possible as it will help even more women with heart disease. Click on level below to Join!
WomenHeart Society Membership Levels
• 5 levels of annual giving—
• Hero $5,000+
• Enthusiast $1,000-$4,999
• Advocate $250-$999
• Role Model $25-$249
• Teammate $1-$24
WomenHeart Society Membership Benefits
Teammate $1- $24 annually
• Event invitations
Role Model $25 - $249 annually
• Discounted Education Materials
• Store discounts
• Car Magnet
Advocate $250 - $999 annually
• Researcher/Doctor informational events
• Annual Report Listing
• Meet with WomenHeart Champion/Group
• License Plate Frame
Enthusiast $1,000 - $4,999 annually
• Website Listing
• Mayo Clinic Invitation
• CEO conference calls
Hero $5,000 + annually
• Annual meeting with CEO
• 2 tickets to Wenger Awards
• Recognition at Wenger Awards
*All levels include the lower level benefits
Join WomenHeart Society Today!!
Now is the time to join WomenHeart Society to support women living with heart disease – the leading cause of death in women. Your WomenHeart Society membership will allow thousands of women to have access to WomenHeart’s free patient education and support services, and the sisterhood of recovering women living with heart disease—potentially saving tens of thousands of lives. THANK YOU!