JOB TITLE: Patient Support & Volunteer Services Associate
REPORTS TO: Manager, Patient Support &Volunteer Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease is the only organization solely devoted to meeting the needs of the 45 million American women living with or at risk of heart disease. We provide direct support to women, advocate on their behalf, and educate the public and health community. This $3 million, 17-year-old organization is poised for rapid expansion. A top priority for the organization is increasing our visibility and brand recognition among key audiences, as well as increasing engagement of our current volunteers and expanding our volunteer base. These are key to fulfilling our mission and reaching women with information and support, growing and enhancing the effectiveness of our volunteer network and increasing our fundraising capacity.
Location: Washington, DC
The Patient Support & Volunteer Services Associate is responsible for all day to day communications with WomenHeart Support Network Coordinators and accurately tracking all Support Network activities and patient support services. She/he will serve in an administrative capacity, helping to support our 130+ WomenHeart Support Networks. The Associate will work closely with the Patient Support Services Manager in day to day implementation and maintenance of support services programs such as WomenHeart’s SisterMatch, HeartScarves and HeartRescue programs.
As a team member, she/he will actively participate in weekly team meetings to help develop new volunteer and patient support services. She/he will take a proactive role in assisting with the development of more effective measurement and evaluation strategies, as well as identifying trends in volunteer needs and making suggestions for how the organization can better meet those needs and support WomenHeart volunteers.
Program Monitoring & Evaluation
- Assists with implementation and execution of all patient support and volunteer services programs and initiatives (SisterMatch, HeartScarves)
- Closely tracks Support Network activities by collecting and analyzing reports; and maintaining thorough and complete records for all support groups and patient support services programs. Assists with implementation of program and evaluations for SisterMatch and HeartScarves programs. Matches WomenHeart Champions (trained volunteers) with newly diagnosed women for SisterMatch and other WomenHeart programs. Plays a proactive role in advancing programs.
- Closely tracks Support Networks who are also training their communities in CPR (Heart Rescue program)
- Assists with development, tracking and evaluation of WomenHeart Virtual Support Network
- Creates and maintains support network profiles for each WomenHeart Support Network, including Virtual Support Networks
- Assists WomenHeart Champions with their efforts to establish and maintain support groups and other initiatives in hospitals and communities nationwide
- Maintains and manages the dissemination, tracking and management of WomenHeart exhibit displays
- Assists with various aspects of conference planning, training and execution. Attends and actively participates in all WomenHeart Symposiums and Conferences. (Please note travel and weekend work required for active participation.)
- Works closely with National Hospital Alliance Support Network Coordinators, liaisons and staff, assisting with stewardship, tracking and reporting
- Works closely with Program Managers and team to assist in various projects as assigned
- Assists with District Leader management and support; including participation on quarterly District Leader calls and follow up correspondence
- Manages logistics of webinars for WomenHeart Champions
- Bachelor’s degree, or currently be enrolled in classes at a local college or University
- 2 years administrative work experience
- Must be highly organized and have a professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoy corresponding with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds
- Must be a proactive, independent worker, who responds well to group assignments
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft platform (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Must be available to travel out of state
- Must be flexible to work weekends and evenings where needed
INTERESTED? EMAIL RESUME to Wanda Freeman (firstname.lastname@example.org).