The VP of Business Development & Strategic Alliances will work in partnership with and provide strategic guidance to the CEO and the Board of Directors in supporting and growing this nonprofit health organization.
Strategic Business Development Planning:
- Design and implement a comprehensive business development strategy for the organization, including solicitation plans for corporations, foundations and individuals.
- Prepare an annual fundraising budget with mechanisms for monitoring and reporting to the CEO and Board of Directors on a continued basis.
- Manage donor relationships and serve as key organizational contact with donors.
- Develop a proactive online donor strategy.
- Help to build a culture of philanthropy by assisting with training for board members, volunteers and staff on various donor techniques.
- Submit grants and proposals to funders.
- Create and deliver winning campaign presentations.
- Develop Corporate Advisory Committee strategy to increase recruitment and retention in order to increase funding results and deepen engagement.
- Proactively seek new licensing & cause-related marketing partners with retailers and manufacturers, utilizing specialized consultants as appropriate.
- Work with CEO and program staff to develop "win/win" relationships and other programs that further the mission and goals of the organization and expand the organization's funding base.
Donor Stewardship and Cultivation:
- Develop a comprehensive donor stewardship program with clear objectives to deepen engagement of donors and garner new donors, in sustaining and expanding financial support.
- Responsible for database management and donor history, including managing all data entry, running monthly and customized reports.
- Ensure that the organization has an effective and dynamic on-line fundraising platform that can integrate the WomenHeart website along with partner solicitations.
- Develop an efficient system to process and acknowledge donors at all levels.
- Conduct prospect research on private and corporate foundations, corporations, government agencies and individuals to identify and solicit potential supporters.
- Write reports to funders, as required.
For additional information about WomenHeart please click on this video by Soledad O'Brien. It provides a great overview of discrepancies in care and our efforts through a personal story of one of our WomenHeart Champions. Also please visit our website: www.womenheart.org.
If interested in applying for this exciting position, please submit a cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to email@example.com