How would you like to come into work every day and know that your efforts are directly impacting the 42 million American women living with or at risk of heart disease? At WomenHeart, you can!
WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease is the first and still only patient-centered organization improving the health and quality of life of the 42 million American women living with or at risk of heart disease. WomenHeart is both coalition and a community of thousands of members nationwide, including women heart patients and their families, physicians, and health advocates all committed to helping women live longer, healthier lives.
WomenHeart is seeking a fundraising professional who can help take WomenHeart to the next level in our new business development. We are in need of a passionate and tenacious individual who will drive cultivation of new relationships and fundraising efforts. This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and works closely with a second development manager and associate.
Strategic Business Development Planning:
- Implement a comprehensive business development strategy for the organization, including solicitation plans for corporations, retailers, foundations and individuals.
- Develop prospect lists and work to make contacts and schedule presentations for new partnerships and collaborations.
- Seek opportunities for point of sale campaigns with retailers.
- Develop a proactive online donor strategy.
- Develop and establish creative collaboratives raising awareness and education about the leading cause of death of women.
- Proactively seek new partnerships with pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
- Proactively seek new licensing & cause-related marketing partners with retailers and manufacturers.
- Work with CEO and program staff to develop "win/win" relationships and other programs that further the mission and goals of the organization and expand the organization's funding base.
- Write and submit proposals and grants on an on-going basis.
- Manage required technical and financial grant reporting.
Donor Stewardship and Cultivation:
- Develop a comprehensive donor stewardship program with clear objectives to deepen engagement of donors and garner new donors, in sustaining and expanding financial support.
- Ensure that the organization has an effective and dynamic on-line fundraising platform that can integrate the WomenHeart website along with partner solicitations.
- Conduct prospect research on private and corporate foundations, corporations, government agencies and individuals to identify and solicit potential supporters.
- Write technical and financial reports to funders, as required.
- Responsible for database management and donor history, including managing all data entry, running monthly and customized reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
For additional information about WomenHeart please click on this video by Soledad O'Brien. It provides a great overview of discrepancies in care and our efforts through a personal story of one of our WomenHeart Champions. Also please visit our website: www.womenheart.org.
If interested in applying for this exciting position, please submit a cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .