JOB TITLE: Communications/Public Relations Intern
Click here for a printable Position Summary
REPORTS TO: Director, Communications and Marketing
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Communications/Public Relations Intern will work directly with the Director of Communications to advance the communications activities at WomenHeart.
He/she is responsible for assisting with all communications activities, including media relations, partner relations, American Heart Month activities, and other general communications activities as assigned and necessary. This individual will work with the other staff members as required.
- Work with the Director of Communications to identify and research a broad list of media to develop and expand the proactive media efforts which support American Heart Month, Advocacy Institute, Wenger Awards:
o Researching approach angles
o Develop media materials/kits
o Developing pitch/talking points
o Making initial phone contact
o Provide communications back-up and follow-through once relationship is established
- Work with media relations initiatives for cause marketing programs
- Provide reporting and measurables to Director of Communications as required
- Support the development of web content and electronic newsletters
- Participate in weekly planning meetings regarding all communications activities
- Assist in development and implementation of marketing strategies for Advocacy Institute and Science & Leadership Symposium
- Make scheduled posts to Facebook, Inspire, YouTube and www.womenheart.org (copy, video, photos, etc.)
- Monitor all corporate partnership communications for adherence to brand positioning when developing communications materials
- Performs additional communications and marketing tasks as assigned by the Director of Communications.
For additional information about WomenHeart please click on this video by Soledad O'Brien. It provides a great overview of discrepancies in care and our efforts through a personal story of one of our WomenHeart Champions. Also please visit our website: www.womenheart.org.
If interested in applying for this exciting position, please submit a cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to email@example.com
Resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter for consideration.