WomenHeart Science & Leadership Symposium at Mayo Clinic
A Special Training for Women with Heart Disease
Learn more about the program by clicking here.
- Applicants must be women living with heart disease.
- Applicants must be at least 6 months from their diagnosis and/or most recent significant heart event.
- Applicants must be referred by a hospital that is a member of WomenHeart's National Hospital Alliance program, or be referred to co-lead an EXISTING WomenHeart Support Network.
- Applicants must complete application process, be approved for and attend the WomenHeart Science & Leadership Symposium in its entirety.
- Applicants must be prepared to commit to be a WomenHeart Champion for at least 2 years.
Applications for the Science & Leadership Symposium are accepted from January 15, 2016 through July 30, 2016. Once your application is received, please be sure that your recommendation form and resume are submitted within 2 weeks. Applications that are not completed within the timeframe will be considered withdrawn.
- Application available online: January 15, 2016.
- Last day to submit an application: July 30, 2016.
- Interviews begin:March 2, 2016.
- Interviews completed: July 29, 2016.
- Arrange submission of your recommendation form. It will need to be submitted within 2 weeks of receipt of your application. This ensures that your application can be processed and an interview can be scheduled in a timely fashion. Recommendation forms should be submitted directly from the recommender.
- Complete the application online.
- Prepare a resume or summary of your work and volunteer experience, to be submitted within 2 weeks of your application.
- You will be notified if you are moving forward to an interview, and contacted by a WomenHeart staff member to schedule.
- After interviews, all applications will be reviewed by a committee consisting of WomenHeart's Scientific Advisory Council and staff.
- If approved, you will need to receive medical clearance from a member of your cardiac team. We will provide a form that verifies your ability to travel and fulfill your volunteer duties. (This information will be kept confidential and used only for your safety.)