WomenHeart sends its members an informative monthly newsletter with the latest medical and science news on women's heart disease. Click the links below to explore our exclusive articles on a wide variety of topics that can help you stay heart-healthy. And become a member today so you can get this informative newsletter in your inbox every month!
Doctors, Pharmacists, and Medication:• Blood thinners and mammograms
• Checking Up on Doctor’s Visits
• Does an aspirin regimen benefit women?
• Does your doctor hear your voice?
• How your OB-GYN can help determine your risk of CVD
• Integrative Medicine
• Is it wise to immunize?: Vaccinations and heart disease
• Medication Madness!
• Rejected by the Dentist! Heart attacks, dental health, and urban myths
• Heartaches and Heart Disease: The physical effects of depression on a woman’s heart
• Women and Work Stress
• Feeling the burn as the weather cools down: A primer for staying on track with winter exercise
• Hot & Heart-Healthy Tips for Summer Exercise
• In the Swim: Water Workout
• Make your week a Grand Slam kind of week
• New Year’s Resolution #1: Get more exercise
Lifestyle:• Moms With Heart: Motherly Advice About Living With HD
• Pack and Play: Heart-Smart Tips for Summer Trips
• Pollution Increases Heart Disease Risks
• Ready, Set, GO! How getting organized can be heart-healthy
• What’s Your Sleep Number?: How sleep — or the lack of it — increases heart disease risk in women
• When I’m 64: Aging, Heart Disease, and You
Medical Conditions:• Ah-choo! Hay fever, heart disease, and all kinds of allergies
• Are you too old to be treated for high blood pressure? New ACC/AHA recommendations say no
• Baby and me and heart disease makes three: Pregnancy Health and Heart Disease
• "Chest Pain in Hot Weather” — Prinzmetal’s Angina?
• Diabetes and Heart Disease: Double Trouble for Women
• Feeling more pain? It might be your hair
• New study shows women are succeeding with heart failure treatment
• Shorter Days, Higher Cholesterol: As summer ends, keep an eye on those lipids
• That Flutter in Your Heart: Are You In Love or Is It AFib?
Minorities and Heart Disease:
• Minority Report: Black Women, Latinas Face Higher HD Risks, Don’t Trust Doctors (includes interview with Dr. Jennifer Mieres)
• An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away!
• Atrial Fibrillation and Caffeine
• Beyond Bananas: Potassium Supplements
• Embracing the Change: How Food Can Be Your Friend
(includes interview with nutritionist Penny Kris-Etherton)
• Fish Oil, Flaxseed, and Fatty Acids: How to supplement your diet for optimal heart health (includes interview with nutritionist Penny Kris-Etherton)
• Hold the salt - become aware and learn how to decrease sodium
• How to enjoy a guilt-free Thanksgiving dinner
• "How would you like that cooked?” — a handy primer on heart-healthy cooking techniques
• On Your Mark, Get Set, Substitute! — how to use substitutions to make your favorite recipes heart-healthy
• Quench Your Thirst
• Salt 101: What you need to know
• Supersize Your Heart with Superfoods
• The Mediterranean Diet: More Than Just Olive Oil
Research and trends:• Trends In Women’s Heart Health (includes interview with Dr. Tracy Stevens)
• Updated secondary guidelines promote cardiac rehab, lifestyle changes
• Women and Heart Disease Make Headlines Around the World: Progress in some areas, setbacks in others dominate research findings
• New guidelines released by AHA, ACC highlight expanded use of statins
• Quittin’ Time: Ditching the cigarette habit may be tougher for women, but don’t give up
• The Smoking Gun : Cigarettes, women, and why quitting matters
Technology and Heart Disease:
• Casting a Web: How to get good medical information from the internet
• Internet Support Groups: Surfing the web to combat isolation