Are You Ready in Red? It's time for American Heart Month 2013!
February is American Heart Month and WomenHeart encourages all women to take charge of their heart health — today and every day! Here are some of the latest statistics* about women's heart disease:
• 42.9 million women are currently living with some form of cardiovascular disease (CVD).
• More than 2.6 million women have a history of heart attack.
• 33.2% of women do not engage in leisure-time physical activity.
• 60.2% of Caucasian women, 79.9% of African-American women, and 78.2% of Hispanic-American women are overweight or obese.
• Among Mexican-American women, 30.7% have cardiovascular disease.
• Among African-American women, 48.9% have cardiovascular disease.
* Source: Go A S, Mozaffarian, D, Roger, V L, Benjamin E J, et al. Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics 2013 Update: A Report from the American Heart Association Statistics Committee and Stroke Statistics Subcommittee. Circulation 2013
You can join us today for free, follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and look for a Support Group in your area. Welcome to WomenHeart!
Para la Mujer Hispana launched by WomenHeart and Burlington Coat Factory — February 1st
State of Women's Heart Health National Webinar — February 5th
Support WomenHeart's lifesaving programs at Burlington Coat Factory — February 1st - March 30th
BeeWell for Life's Online Wellness Program — American Heart Month 2013
Live Twitter Chat with Mayo Clinic, American Heart Association, and WomenHeart — February 13th
African-American Women and Heart Disease: What You Need to Know Webinar — February 26th